Senior Python/Django Developer
For our Barcelona team we are looking for a Senior Python/Django Developer, who shares our passion for building next-generation web applications. As a back-end developer at Elements, you will work in a diverse team and implement innovative solutions to create high quality web applications that cater for a great user experience. Solutions that help our clients move even further!
WHO WE ARE
We are an independent, specialist agency with over 60 professionals
from all over the globe, working from (our homes and) offices in Barcelona (Spain) and
Almere (The Netherlands) for a variety of Dutch clients. We are
passionate about crafting lovable and usable digital experiences that
help move brands and people forward. We are dreamers and makers.
Check our current tech stack on stackshare.io/elements. To see some examples of our projects, check our website https://www.elements.nl/en/cases.
At Elements we believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We
diverse team and this is our true strength. Our differences combined
make us unique and drive our success day in and day out. So, whoever you
are, we want to meet you and learn from your experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will play an important role in making estimates and defining project's architecture. You will come up with technical solutions and spend most of your time implementing these solutions testing your own work and the work of others. You will assist in defining database and (web) application designs. Furthermore, as a senior, you will support our Head of Technology and Technical Guide and will be the go-to person in the development team. You will adapt Elements' way of working and make suggestions to improve it. Last but not least, we would love to see that you have a natural drive to stay up to date with the latest technological innovations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Around 6 years of general development experience, from which at least 3 years as a Python/Django developer
- For this role we focus on skills in Python/Django first and foremost, but we are really keen on hiring Developers with a more diverse technical background or interest. Any experience with or eagerness to learn: Node.js, React, React Native, Typescript, Vue, Kotlin and Swift, is welcome
- Excellent coding skills and solid experience with relevant large-scale projects
- Ability to architect an application from start to finish
- Aware of modern Front-end architecture and ways of working
- Experience with software containerization (Docker)
- Proven experience in continuous integration and deployment (CI-CD)
- Experience in working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to technically coach and support team members in projects
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Results-oriented attitude, creative, flexible, open-minded
- Independent thinker, yet committed to company’s and team’s success
- Valid working permit for Spain/EU and, ideally, you are based in Barcelona area or nearby (unfortunately for this position we are unable
to sponsor visa permits).
WHAT WE OFFER
- You will be a part of our international, talented and inspiring developers team, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice (laptop & accessories)
- When in office, we provide you with free breakfast, snacks, fruits and refreshments every day, unlimited freshly ground coffee and large variety of teas
- You will have flexible working hours and possibility to balance WFH with working at the office
- We also offer an opportunity to work on your physical or mental health by contributing to relevant subscriptions and providing significant discounts for physiotherapy sessions
- An annual personal development budget for books, courses, conferences, etc.
- In addition to your salary, we contribute to your daily lunch costs through a Sodexo Restaurant Card
- We also offer a flexible compensation plan for your transport, lunch and nursery costs
- A company lease bicycle for home-work commute and personal use
- And, to top it off, obviously, what is work without some fun? We regularly organise drinks, dinners and team building outings
Do you see this role as a good match? Then we'd love to hear from you!