We are in search of someone that is seasoned in the world of digital agencies and has the experience and/or ambition to hold a Team Lead role for our development team. This role is an exciting, yet challenging combination of organisational and operational tasks (depending on your expertise and background) and supporting the team where needed. We could see people with experience as developer, project manager or scrum master fit really well. For us it is important that you know and understand the dynamics of working for a project organisation in the digital world and that you have a passion for people.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You have a proven background in the digital work, preferably technical, combined with fantastic communication, leadership and teamwork skills and a natural ability to empower the team to become better at what they do.
The team is self-organised, which means that we are not looking for a “boss”. You would coach and develop your team and create an environment that supports this. You love giving constructive feedback just as much as receiving it and know what is essential to help your fellow team members improve their skills. You take your work seriously, but never shy away from a good joke ;-).
You are an enthusiastic front-runner and inspire others by your exemplary behaviour. You contribute with dedication to the organisation-wide quality assurance and way of working by proposing and implementing improvements together with your team. You are able to get out of your comfort-zone, always keeping the greater goal in mind: delivering excellent work in time with happy and motivated colleagues.
Check our current tech stack on stackshare.io/elements. To see some examples of our projects, check our website https://www.elements.nl/en/cases.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Be the go-to person for the team when they need help with any issues in the project. You think with them to work towards a pragmatic solution;
- Contribute in our projects in a way that fits your expertise best;
- Communicate our values, strategy, objectives and policies towards the team;
- Build and maintain a pleasant environment and open atmosphere for everyone to work in;
- Evaluate team members’ performance individually, carry out performance management talks and oversee the follow up;
- Coach and ensure employee development, pro-actively check in with your team members on how they feel and what they need;
- Provide vision regarding overall health of the company, keeping this vision in mind when recommending financial decisions;
- Work very closely with our Head of technology and HR manager, as well as other Team leads;
- Act as an advocate for your team within Elements.
WHAT WE OFFER
- We offer you a place in our highly technically oriented team of developers, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- Salary compensation adapted to the level of your experience and knowledge
- We provide you with lunch, snacks and unlimited freshly ground coffee every day in the office
- You will have flexible working hours and a possibility to work from home
- We encourage you to visit events and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and learn new skills by offering a yearly budget for personal development
- An insured company bicycle for home-work commute and personal use
- And to top it off, what would work be like without fun? You could get your fair share at our regular company events and Friday beer & game afternoons, or by diving into the nostalgia of your childhood on our arcade machine
Please, note that the current situation caused by Covid-19 has an impact on some of the benefits we offer (e.g. team events, conferences).
WHAT YOU NEED
- Solid background in the digital world (around 5 years) technical knowledge will certainly be a plus
- Experience with large-scale projects;
- Experience in agile way of working/Scrum, preferably in a project-based company;
- Previous experience in a leading role in the style that fits our company culture – we are advocates of a flat company structure;
- Excellent English language and communication skills;
- Self starter attitude, creative, flexible;
- Strong personality and extraordinary skills in approaching and motivating people.
Please, note: If you don’t meet all our “requirements” but the description is very much in line with your ambitions, don’t hesitate to apply :-)